Boghead Community Group is a non-profit organisation, formally constituted and set up by the village, for the village, to organise and coordinate a range of events, activities and projects to enhance village life in Boghead. More recently the Group has begun to focus on making other improvements to our village and as a start:
- The telephone box has been restored as a much needed information point for the village.
- The right of way path has been upgraded and is now a great and well loved asset to the community.
- The path to the park has been tarred with extra drainage, and flower beds created around the telephone box.
- New ultrafast "fibre to the home" broadband has been made available.
- A community Public Access Defibrillator has been installed in the telephone box.
Our social activities include Bus trips, Panto's, BBQs, Burns' nights, Hogmanay celebrations, etc, etc. These activities are open to all residents in the village plus neighbouring farms.
As the members pages are intended as a community forum to discuss potential future initiatives within the village, funding and perhaps commercially sensitive matters then membership is only available to current residents of the village and surrounding farms (this same restriction applies to the Boghead Community Group facebook group). The outcome of such initiatives and decisions will then be presented in the open pages of the website.
Within the Members Pages we provide access to information on what is happening with your Community Group, updates on our various initiatives, issues the Group want to bring to the attention of the community and also to give the community the opportunity to comment and provide input to decisions affecting our village.
Join the Community
In order to access the members pages you must register and be accepted (click on the members tab to see the login and registration form).
If all is well your registration will be accepted and validated to enable you to access the Members Area.
Registration is only open to residents of Boghead and immediate neighbouring farms.